In the UK, cosmetic surgery is growing more and more common, and this trend doesn’t appear to be slowing down. However, having cosmetic surgery is a very individual choice, and many individuals are not aware of the important factors that should be taken into account when considering a procedure like breast augmentation or liposuction. For anyone considering cosmetic surgery, this page offers some general guidance in line with the BAAPS (British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) recommendations.
Cosmetic surgery recommendations
- Make your own choice: Always remember that YOU are the expert on your appearance and desires when thinking about having cosmetic surgery. Do not let others persuade you to do any cosmetic surgery procedure that, before to your appointment, you had little worry for. Follow your gut and do what seems right.
- Select the ideal cosmetic surgeon: it’s critical to pick a qualified, suitably trained surgeon. Make sure the cosmetic surgeon you select is registered with the GMC (General Medical Council) if you are thinking about getting cosmetic surgery in the UK. The Specialist Register in Plastic Surgery also contains a list of all accredited plastic surgeons in the UK. Make sure the cosmetic surgeon listed on the register is the one who will execute your surgery. Additionally, it’s crucial that you personally feel at ease with the cosmetic surgeon you’ve selected for your procedure.
- Obtaining informed consent: Every cosmetic surgery operation has potential risks and restrictions. Find out as much as you can about the risks and advantages of the cosmetic surgery operation you are thinking about, and then decide for yourself if it is the best choice for you. Do not succumb to pressure to get cosmetic surgery.
- Consult your doctor; they are concerned about your well-being. Many doctors are willing to give their patients objective, nonjudgmental guidance so they can make an educated decision when considering cosmetic surgery.
- Carefully assess the site of the procedure: You should think about having cosmetic surgery at a site that is convenient for you. Choosing a site where you can receive proper postoperative care, including a management plan should any issues occur, should be part of this. Avoid long trips (such as those abroad) without a suitable follow-up care plan is in place.
- Pick the correct time for your procedure: It is advised that you undergo cosmetic surgery when you will have time to heal and rest. It is preferable to avoid cosmetic surgery if you are going through major life events like moving, changing jobs, ending a relationship, or losing a loved one, unless there are extraordinary circumstances.
- Exercise caution when paying consultation fees and attempt to stay away from booking costs and non-refundable deposits. It is preferable to conduct your studies uninhibitedly than to be subject to obligations and fines.
- Take your time: Take as much time as you need to consider your options before deciding. Don’t hastily consider getting cosmetic surgery.
- Pick a business you feel comfortable doing business with. The business where you decide to get cosmetic surgery should make you feel comfortable around the cosmetic surgeon, the clinic, and the staff.
- If you change your mind, it’s never too late: never feel pressured to have cosmetic surgery. You have the right to alter your mind at any time because it is your body. For more details Breast Augmentation Australia