Spread the word! Viral Marketing is the fuel that drives your online business. Millions of websites consistently use some form of marketing. Some marketing strategies remain constant like blogging and emails. Backlinks and pinging your urls’ are still powerful.
You don’t know what Google or the other search engines will pull to stop bad SEO practices. The fundamentals of marketing remain the same. In this article I will outline 5.5 trends that will continue or manifest in the world of internet marketing for 2013 and into 2014.
5.5 Trends in Viral Marketing
1. Quality over Quantity – Being a jack of all trades and master of none will crush your business. The allure of affordable marketing methods can make business owners engage with any and everybody. Most people will not find your message appealing or suitable for them. Create marketing campaigns that will target your niche. Advertising your real estate brand into a sports forum is a waste of time and will annoy people.
Focus on your audience. Be a sniper and pinpoint your customers. Higher click through rates await the focused internet marketer. With so many marketing techniques out there, on so many platforms, it is best to concentrate on 1-3 marketing strategies. Master them and outsource the rest.
2. New Blogging Platform – Move over Word Press a new blogging platform is launching that will target affiliate, network, online marketers, and small business owners. This viral blogging system will launch with over 200,000 bloggers and offer 100% commissions with it’s affiliate program. Word Press is not a bad blogging platform but it is difficult to use for the newbie.
I am still keeping my Word Press Blog. I will have both blogging platforms and create link juice between the two. This new viral marketing tool will change the internet when it comes to online and affiliate marketing. With its ease of use more small business owners will create their content on this new viral blogging system. This new platform will also be available on mobile apps.
3. Mobile Advertising Will Increase – 1 in every 4 potential customers browse on their mobile devices. Your website needs the proper mobile technology. Social media and search engines now offer functions for marketers to display their ads to mobile users. Mobile marketing will increase. Will your business be ready? Viral marketing + mobile advertising = more cash for you.
4. Quality of Content – Content is king and quality matters. Search engines are getting better at grammar and your website, blog, and articles better pass the basic grammar test. More competition means less chances to appeal to your audience. First impressions matter. Correct your grammar.
Relevant and excellent content engages your readers. Well written blogs, articles, web pages, info-graphics, podcast, and videos are ways to get your message across. Multimedia enhances your basic content and reaches people who don’t want to read text.
5. Marketing Methods – Businesses are narrowing down their target audience. With the increase of mobile advertising, local internet marketing, and integrated multimedia a laser focus is essential.
Repurpose, recycle, and reuse some of your most successful campaigns. Turn them into PDF files, podcasts, videos, and info-graphics. You can also create direct mail campaigns with 3-D mail. Admit it you still like opening up mail.
Use direct mail. Online companies are sending reminders to buy. The direct mail piece leads them back to the website. Small business owners can dominate their local market by using direct mail and adding inserts, coupons, and having a bonus reward system.
5.5 Viral Marketing Success Systems – There are viral marketing systems that are available for online marketers that combines online, offline, and mobile marketing. These plug and play system still require work on your part. Marketing and advertising for the small business owner, home business owner, and internet marketer are more affordable.
These marketing success system provide traffic sources, training, and mastermind groups. They keep up with the latest trends. I use a marketing success system now. Plus a marketing success system helps you pick the marketing that best fits your personality.
Position your business to take advantage of the upcoming trends. Go through your lists and social media accounts and see who you are engaging. Then target that same audience. Not all marketing systems are the same. Due diligence is required and you want to make sure your viral marketing is bringing money in.
Charles Fitzgerald Butler is an entrepreneur and expert in sales and marketing. Charles has a passion for helping people start and run a successful business. You can partner with Charles and start building multiple income streams from your home. Charles’ goal is to help all who partner with him achieve cash flow and profits from their business.