Selling will never be as lucrative a profession if there is no good marketing backing it up. Contrary to what others believe, selling is not a stand alone activity. It has to be supported by a good marketing ploy to succeed. Closing a sale is the culmination of effective marketing.
Marketing your products and services means that you have to convince your potential customers about the benefits of your offer and that it outweighs whatever cost they may have to spend to acquire it. Your marketing will let you earn the necessary profits for your business if you do your work well.
Seeing the importance of marketing to making a sale, as a seller, it is highly expected from you to develop some advance marketing skills and learn marketing secrets to be successful. Hear out the eight most popular secrets in marketing:
1. Marketing your products and services should get your top priority if you want to close a sale. Effective marketing tactics that you use are the primary reason why your customer opts to buy your products.
A good marketer is knowledgeable with the process of marketing and starts off with product development. When you explain your product to the customer, always fill them with what they want to hear and that is the “what’s in it for me” part of your sales pitch. You do not have to worry one bit of your product if you believe its worth and that it is a good one. This is very important to establish because this will convince the customer to buy despite of the price it may cost them. Pricing ensures your profit but you need to highlight the value the customers get.
Next step is your skill to effectively position your product. If you do this, the customer realizes the importance of your product or service. It should fill in the vacuum with which the customer will see that your offer is something that others do not have and that they need it in their lives.
The last step will be the promotion of your products and services. This communicates to the potential customers about the existence and value of the product and services you offer. You will know that you are successful in enticing them to learn more about your offer if they contact you for more information.
If you have done all the steps – product development, pricing, positioning and promotion – in a positive manner then you will be able to produce successful sales.
2. Advertising is different from marketing. This is only a part of the last stage of marketing which is promotion and in order to succeed in advertising you should be able to effectively execute the first three stages of marketing.
3. Marketing should not be based solely on your own opinions and wants. The focus here is your customer so therefore you should fulfill their needs and wants according to their perspective and satisfy them with your offer. You should make them realize that your product or service is all that they need.
4. Never go into the battlefield without knowing your enemy. You must know “who” your customers are. It is necessary to understand and analyze how they think and how they process their decisions. Knowing this, you will be able to position your products well.
5. In sales and marketing, there is a tendency to accumulate as many customers as you want for more profits. But this can turn out as a headache for you because there is a possibility of encountering undesirable customers. If you want to save yourself from wasting money, time and effort, learn to pinpoint undesirable customers and avoid them. It is more productive to just focus your time on those better customers who might give you a sale.
6. Appreciate your existing customers and take care of them. You do not need to acquire new customers all the time. Assisting and taking care of your former customers is good marketing. By doing this, potential customers will soon come your way because of the excellent feedback and referral your existing customers gave you.
7. Be positively distinct from your competitors. Customers do compare products. It is important that you highlight the best benefits of your products that the others do not have. This will convince customers to choose your products over others. Always position your product or service well for positive comparison of your customers.
8. Customers buy products to answer an emotional need and this is what you have to realize. Do not just focus on the price alone but more on the need. Start by being in tune with the customers emotional needs and learn how to deal with this process. Price is a mere justification of a customer for the emotional decision she already made – to get the product or service.
Marketing is a chance for you to make your product or service known or you may opt to let this chance slip away. But if you are serious of getting potential customers to flock you, then you must internalize these secrets for your success.
For more marketing success information be sure you follow the link in the resource box below: