Marketing strategy isn’t just your logo or keyword or the “look” and “feel” of your marketing communications. A Marketing strategy is the sum total of your customer’s experiences and perceptions of your product, services, and employees. Your online business strategy should create a positive image in the minds of its consumers.
In actuality, your brand is what everyone else thinks of your company and product. A Marketing strategy is the first step of all customer contact behavior. With the information age upon us you must have a Marketing identity. One of the quickest ways to making a Marketing splash is with Social Media branding, with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace, and YouTube. Just these five mediums can jump start your Marketing presents like no other.
When you have a budget, the marketing strategy can become the basis for better advertising communications such as multi-media advertising, direct mail, trade shows, and expanded public relations.
If you Market/Brand correctly you will see multiple benefits of your branding strategy:
· Branding is what gives your company uniqueness.
· Branding strategies separates you from your competitors.
· Branding strategies enhance perceived value allows for top dollar and shelters you from price competition.
· Branding will provide safety in times of negative press.
· Branding strategies enables you to launch new products and services more quickly and cost effectively.
· Branding will gain you customer loyalty. The fact is, people develop bonds with brands they identify with.
· Branding done right will lead to referrals from your friends and family.
To succeed, at having a Marketing Strategy, you’ll need to map out a plan to reach/pull in traffic from across the web. This involves researching the successful competitors in your niche. Study their communications and how they position themselves and their branding. There is an old saying” find out what the problem is, or need the customer is having and fill that need, with a product or service”. Study what features are most unique to your product or company. Create a questionnaire and interview key customers and prospects. Develop a Brand strategy from the information you gathered, to meet the needs. Make sure it is achievable yet unique. Leverage brand strategy by integrating marketing communications with Social Media. Evaluate critique and qualify performance. Make changes as needed but be patient, the plan if mapped out correctly with bring you success.
Benefits of Brand Loyalty
· You are remembered. It’s hard to remember a business with a generic name.
· Branding your company or product ensures consumers will know what you’re about.
· Consumers want quality products they can depend on.
· Your business should have an identity that your customers can believe in.
Loyalty grows as your business or product becomes well known. You’re want the customers who have not done business with you to still know who and what your company does. And when the time comes, they will buy your product or service, your company will be the first to come to mind.
Consumers pay for branded products and services. Heck I know I do and we are a very brand aware society. People commonly associate brand names with quality and may only buy certain brands for that very reason. The power of a branding strategy will bring in customers willing to by a particular product at a higher price point, that my friend is brand identity power. Having a great brand will give your company a edge and cause consumers to forget about comparable brands, and choose your product, service, over cheaper like products.