Be it the regular website content or proactive marketing using blogs, eNewsletters, eBooks, Press Releases and even online videos – it’s all content marketing. With the increased usage of Internet, many businesses have shifted their marketing strategies online. But content is still the King – be it the search engine optimization strategy or a Social Media strategy – through which many are planning to acquire their business goals.
The main advantage of content marketing is that it is not like the traditional interruption model of advertising. The information is provided to your prospect or customer at the right time when he/she is looking for it. Thus, you are marketing to him not only at the relevant time but also making it valuable for him.
However, the platform in which the marketing efforts are been put is as important as the marketing efforts itself for a successful marketing campaign.
Marketers believe content marketing vital as well as successful for businesses
Content marketing is neither a recent strategy nor that you will be experimenting your marketing budgets on it while all others (competitors and prospects) are focusing on something else. The stats here prove this very point.
• According to Roper Public Affairs and Custom Publishing Council, 60% of business decision makers said that company content helps them make better product decisions, 70% say content marketing makes them feel closer to the sponsoring company, and 80% of business decision makers prefer to get company information in a series of articles versus an advertisement.
• According to a study by Junta42, 59% of marketers said they were increasing spending on content marketing in 2010, while only 7% were planning to decrease.
• According to B2B Content Marketing: 2010 Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends by MarketingProfs and Junta42, 90% of B2B marketers are using content marketing. Around 51% of them said they are planning to increase their budget on content marketing, on average, more than a quarter of their marketing budget.
• According to Buddy Media’s “Reaching Customers in Local markets”, websites with local content were considered to be the most effective tactic to market to local audiences with 69% of brand marketers using it and 30% of them finding it effective.
• Social Sharing Research Report by ChadwickMartinBailey says that for more than an hour everyday – 48% people online are reading content (articles, blogs, websites); 67% are surfing the web content; 49% are reading and writing emails.
The above stats show that content marketing is very popular strategy among many marketers, and is also having enough potential to find prospects for businesses.
Marvist is a professional SEO firm providing SEO professional services to small and medium scale organizations to increase search engine ranking of the website, pay per click management to help companies to increase online sales and improve their profitability. Marvist was founded in 2005 and has been rapidly growing since then and has clients now in 11 countries including USA, Canada, UK, Spain, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.