Just a simple question for everyone, have you ever attained or reached a certain goal that you had without hard work and consistency? Every person, whether it is health related, job related, whatever avenue they desire to reach, they attained their goals because of their commitment to stay consistent. Achieving success in anything takes hard work, consistent actions to reach any level. Just look at the person above you in any respective part of your life. Perhaps you aspire to be a professional athlete, a General in your military branch, a bank president or you strive to lose weight and get in the best shape of your life. Every person that has already done it, that has achieved their goals and have attained a certain status that piques your interest, I bet they have reached that level due to staying consistent with their day to day actions and stayed focus on their goals. Take a cue from those people and realize that YOU can to attain those goals.
Here are a few tips to help you stay focused to attain those goals:
1) On Sunday evening, take 20 minutes to map out your schedule for the week, include time for your exercise routine. If you schedule it, you will do it.
2) Write your goals for a 6 week period. Once you reach those goals, you will know that YOU can accomplish what you set out to do. After that, extend it out to a 12 week goal.
3) Seek the advice from someone that has done what you are striving to do. This can be a coach, trainer, supervisor, friend or family member… whoever has reached the level that you are striving to reach.
4) If you aspire to get those 6 pack abs and want to lose weight, here’s a great hint, hire a trainer. Make sure this trainer can provide you with references and will give you a FREE workout to see if they fit with you.
5) Do your research on what others have done to get to where you want to go. Having a clear understanding of what it will truly take to reach those goals will keep you focused on the given tasks.
6) Work hard and stay Consistent! That is the main ingredient. Too many people start something only to give up because they are working at their job to much or they don’t see the results fast enough. Just know that whatever you put into what you are doing, you will reap the rewards or crash. It is entirely up to you.
So, the main thing I want you to realize when setting your health and fitness goals for the New Year is pretty simple… stay focused and committed to what you are trying to accomplish. With consistency and the right exercise program, YOU will reach any goal that you are striving to accomplish.
By: Aaron Palmer, LMT, CrossFit Trainer, Owner of Gator CrossFit, Degree in Exercise and Sports Sciences from the University of Florida, 2001
My name is Aaron Palmer. I own a training company called Gator CrossFit. With my years of experience as a personal trainer and Licensed