Depending on how much money you need and how fast you need it, a cash advance may not be the only access to fast cash. If you have any type of investment portfolio, it is good to keep track of how much you have and how long it will take to access it. It is hard to prepare for cash emergencies. Help yourself prepare for any given situation when you map out your options ahead of time. You will limit stress and find a solution at a much faster pace.
What else is available besides a cash advance?
* Take inventory of the amount of cash you have on hand. Do you keep an emergency stash anywhere? My mom always kept $50 in her purse for an emergency. I have heard some people use a jar in the kitchen or a few hundred dollars tucked under the mattress.
* Are you aware or at least have an estimated amount in your head of how much in in your checking account? Most often this money is targeted towards bills, but when an emergency happens, it may need to be used, then replenished soon after.
* Do you have money in a savings account? If your emergency falls on a business day, you can head right over to the bank and get your cash out. Non-business days will require online banking and a money transfer. Check with your bank to find out how long it will take to have that transfer cleared in your checking account.
* A money market account work similar to a savings account. These accounts will usually require a minimum balance in order to earn the higher interest rate. Know how much you have over that minimum as well as the total balance just in case you may need to close the account to solve the emergency.
* Home equity loans or lines of credit will use the value of your home to create either a lump sum loan, or a line of credit based on the same amount. The line of credit is similar to a credit card. Both options require your home to be used as collateral. These options will need to be set up through your mortgage lender or bank prior to immediate availability. A line of credit may be a good option to set up ahead of time as you don’t make any payments until you use the cash.
* A credit card cash advance is quick cash. The amount is usually a fraction of your available balance. Cash advances from credit cards will carry a higher interest rate than your purchases. This rate will be recorded on your monthly statement.
* Online payday loans and cash advances are good options for those without a financial portfolio. These short-term loans are additionally helpful to those with low credit scores.
* Title loans are immediately available to those who own the pink slip to their vehicle. The loan is secured with the title.
Immediate access to cash is found immediately when options are mapped out prior to the demand. Place estimated amounts next to each option which applies to your financial situation. When the time comes, this list will provide a quick reference to the much needed cash relief.