During these days, there are a lot of different stores that offer medical equipment for use in clinics or for patients who require the use of new medical equipment at home. Since majority of these medical devices are available at a high price, you need to be very cautious in the process of buying them. Many of the online or so called discount stores offer little if any warranty. New and durable medical equipment typically comes with the so-called OEM, which stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer warranty. Choose a store that provides new products and comes with a warranty. You will be glad you did.
Medical equipment plays a vital role in helping identifying particular diseases, monitoring conditions of patients, treatment, prevention and rehabilitation. Innovations in medical technology – starting from the ancients and till date – have produced numerous products and instruments that have been essential in identifying medical conditions in certain patients. Unfortunately, md equipment such as diagnostic equipment which includes medical imaging machines, used to aid in diagnosis, ultrasound and MRI machines, PET and CT scanners, and x-ray machines have been of high price and expensive for long time usage of patients. The very first and the most significant factor that could influence the decision of buying durable equipment is cost. There are some major considerations that are needed to be taken account of before purchasing medical equipment.
Cost is just one of the factors, upkeep, maintenance, ease of use and many other factors need to be considered before the purchase and all of them together go beyond the individual price of the medical device. Thus, keeping the cost factor as constant, we may now weigh the advantages of purchasing buying new and durable medical equipment against those that are used.
A new generation of medical equipment has recently become available and includes items such as ultrasound equipment and medical oxygen equipment. Advances in design and new discoveries have made a new style of home medical equipment possible. You can now get sonograms, endoscopy, ultrasound equipment, x-ray film processing equipment and so on easily with the help of a reliable financing company. Many of these products can be found at your local clinic or even set-up and used in your home. Medical equipment like oxygen machines, wheel chairs, electric beds, patient lifts, etc. are essential for some patients.
The availability of medical equipment online has revolutionized the home health care industry. This new generation of equipment allows patients with chronic conditions to be treated in the comfort of their own home, rather than endure the daily, weekly or monthly trip to the hospital. However, this kind of equipment can be expensive so it is wise to search for a competitive price, valid warranties and possibly seek financing for larger purchases of medical equipment.
Various online medical equipment stores offer discounts and refurbished equipment which on the surface may sound like a good deal but don’t you want the security and piece of mind of knowing something is working and is not someone else’s discarded used equipment which may not work properly or have the durability and functionality of new medical equipment. Shopping online will enable you to compare products and prices with just a few clicks of a button; saving you time and money.
Here are tips when bringing and using medical equipment in your home.
1. Proper set up of the equipment is essential and use manufacturers suggestions.
2. Make the medical environment suitable for the patient.
3. Clean out clutter and make it sanitary to help eliminate chances for infections.
4. Keep a secure container for sharps and needles so little kids and or adults won’t have a chance to cut themselves handling needles or other sharp objects.
5. It’s always a good idea to wipe down surfaces with an antiseptic solution or use disposable alcohol wipes.
6. Keep a box of protective gloves within reach, remember latex free if patient is allergic.
7. Keep all product related information in a zip-lock bag so it’s all in one place and if you spill something on it, it won’t get the contents wet.
8. Fill out any warranty required info within first couple of days.
9. Post suppliers emergency number and how-to instructions near bed for easy reference.
10. If required replace filters, tubing and or solutions per manufacturers recommendations.