Marketing through internet is no longer uncommon. Known also as online or web marketing, it concerns the use of internet by companies or firms to disseminate product knowledge, communicate product benefits, promote, advertise or sell products and services to a group of audience commonly known as internet users. In this article we address the 5W and 1H of internet marketing-
(1) Why choose this method,
(2) Where to start,
(3) When to carry out,
(4) What to note,
(5) Who to target, and lastly,
(6) How to carry out successful online marketing.
(1) Internet marketing addresses a wide range of audience regardless of age, ethnicity and religion. It is also able to overcome geographical limitations and is time-saving. Clients can browse through your website at any time of the day. It is one of the quickest and most cost-efficient ways to reach a large audience while using latest technological advances to create audio-visual stimulation and interactive media
(2) To start internet marketing, you will require an online website to promote the product, a merchant’s account, valid email and/or contact number, and knowledge on how to increase product search-ability online. These are essentials to enable clients reach your product.
(3) There is no better time than now to carry out web marketing. People today have greater access to internet and are rapidly exposed to product changes globally. With the increasingly advanced postal services, they now have the option to purchase product from almost anywhere around the world. Search engines play an important role in determining the relevancy of your product to consumer search. The heightened dependency on search engines provides a competitive platform for everyone wishing to disseminate information.
(4) The success of your marketing strategy relies heavily on how well your product information reaches the targeted audience. An outstanding website means nothing if your website is not consistently listed in the search engines. Read up on the various ways to optimize the ease of search for your product.
(5) Your target customers may differ by age or ethnicity. To know how well you can reach them, you can find out what attracts them and utilize social networking tools to reach them. Word of mouth is also a very powerful tool, because there are many websites today catered solely to product reviews and information sharing. Consumers are playing a more active role in determining what to believe/not. You may also design your website accordingly to attract certain customers (i.e. teenagers may like modern, interactive and colorful web layouts)
(6) In order to carry out successful internet marketing, you will need to observe the points mentioned above and apply personal creativity to create a well done marketing campaign. Remember that you are addressing a generation of smart and savvy consumers. Marketing steps execution is crucial as they are constantly on the lookout for better products and better bargains online.
These useful hints are meant to guide you through your internet marketing experience. Though it may be difficult at first, remember not to give up on your marketing techniques. Perseverance is the key to success for many accomplished entrepreneurs and business people.
SearchMarketingSales is a certified Internet Marketing and SEO company for Google. Based in Australia with a regional office in Singapore, this company has since ranked keyword/s of over 500 million search competition Top 10 in Google. Learn more about their Website Promotion packages.