This year the businesses within the Sheffield Region were assessed on who had the best brand within the area. One key factor of determining the success of each local brand was their web branding effectiveness. Not just Sheffield Businesses were assessed but also local authorities and any organisation with a significant web branding presence within the city. Any Sheffield based entity that possesses a worthy brand was considered.
Aside from web branding effectiveness, all organisations were also assessed within the following areas. These included Web Presence, Brand Recognition and Branding Design.
Brands matter because they’re what people base their decisions on. Decisions about who to do business with and what to invest in. Brand is the interface between product and consumer.
Brand is substance and feeling
Brand is reality and a story
Brand is truth and Imagination
Brand is fact and impression
The Web Branding Assessment will take place next year again (2011).
Next year’s Best Brands of the Sheffield Region will take the form of a public vote system.
The Best Brands were based on Web Branding, Web Presence, Brand Recognition and Branding Design within the Sheffield Region are as follows.
In Descending Order the Best Brands of Sheffield, 2010:
1. Henderson’s Relish (Sheffield) Ltd. Leavygreave Road S3 7RA
2. Spear and Jackson Atlas Way, Atlas North S4 7QQ
3. Henry Boot PLC Banner Cross Hall S11 9PD
4. Crucible Theatre 55 Norfolk Street S1 1DA
5. Sheffield City of Culture The Fountain Precinct, Balm Green S1 2JA
6. Creative Sheffield Gladstone Building, 1 St James Row S1 2EU
7. Sheffield 2018 Bid Office The Fountain Precinct, Balm Green S1 2JA
8. Bassett’s Cadbury UK PO Box 80, Livesey Street S6 2AP
9. Warp Records Sheffield Digital Campus S1 2BJ
10. Sheffield Doc/Fest 15 Paternoster Row S1 2BX
11. Event Sheffield Central Library, Surrey Street S1 1XZ
12. Bag it Don’t Bin it Work G4, 2 Forncett Street S4 7QD
13. Kelham Island Brewery 23 Alma St S3 8SA
14. Sheffield is my Planet Town Hall, Pinstone Street S1 2HH
15. Shop Sheffield The Fountain Precinct, Balm Green S1 2JA
16. Yorkshire Artspace Persistence Works, 21 Brown St. S1 2BS
17. Davy Markham Limited Prince of Wales Road, Darnall S9 4EX
18. Made in Sheffield Po Box 1619 S10 2XQ
19. Our Cow Molly Dairy Ice Cream Cliffe House Cottage, Hill Top S6 6GW
20. Park Hill Flats Regeneration Timber Wharf, 16-22 Worsley St. M15 4LD.
The Web Branding Best Brand Competition is once again due to take place next year and will involve a much more interactive and engaging format. The Best Brands will be posted online and it will be up to the people of Sheffield to vote for their favourite brand.
It is all set to be a great competition with many new brands emerging within 2010.