Online marketing is a trillion dollar business today with over 123,000,000 results when searching “how to make money online” on Google. There are indeed many ways to start your online business but 5 that I like and use are:
1. Affiliate Marketing
2. Blogging about an area you are passionate about
3. Writing and Publishing your book on Amazon
4. Building a website for your Product
5. Creating a Membership Site
In this series of articles, I will cover each of these in some detail, as I believe anyone can start to become an online entrepreneur, in as little as an hour or two a day.
When you become an affiliate marketer, you don’t need your own product to make money online. By signing up at sites such as ClickBank or JVZoo, you can select from thousands of online products and begin to market suitable ones into your chosen niche.
A successful niche, or market, that can deliver profits is the first thing that an affiliate market needs to find. But there is no magic formula or a one-button solution. It is more complicated than that and takes some dedicated work, research and focus together with some good marketing practices.
I have found that there are a number of key steps, call them tactics, which have worked for me and continue to bring me success. Build these top three marketing tactics into your online business and you will see your opt-ins and sales increase.
To Succeed Online as an Affiliate Marketer You Need These 3 Tactics
1. Do not try to combine a number of affiliate products onto one website. Rather develop unique web pages to market each separate product you have decided to sell, as an affiliate. I use WordPress to develop these unique web pages, as it is easy to set up and manage. I will share some information on WordPress sites in a future article. So aim to create a separate web page for each affiliate product that you intend to market into your niche.
You should also try out each product that you plan to sell and provide your own product review on your website. In this way, the visitors to your site will have an understanding about what the product can do for them. Where you can, include testimonials from other online marketers who have already used the product. But first check with these customers that they are willing to allow you to use their feedback, name and photo on the site of the specific product you are marketing.
It also helps if you write articles that detail how the product can be used and add these articles as a separate page on the website. If the pages are attractive with images and compelling with good copy, they will increase interest in your product. Always include a “call to action” that can add the visitor’s information to your list. A captivating headline and special points highlighted will help visitors quickly grasp the content and uses of the product.
2. Offer free reports to your readers. This will encourage them to send you the name and email address so they can receive your free report. Make this report relevant to the product you are selling. In a future article I will talk more about this and how to create autoresponder messages that will be mailed automatically to all those who opt-in for your free report. Research has shown that it takes more than one contact with a prospect to get them to buy your product, so keep building contact and a relationship with your opt-in prospects. A good example of this can be found in my bio below.
3. You want to attract the kind of traffic that is targeted to your product. If the person who comes to your website has a huge interest in what you are promoting, then there is a much better chance that they will ask for more information, than if they have no interest whatsoever in what you are offering. The latter will be among those who move on and never come back to your site.
You can write articles for publication in e-zines and e-reports – such as this article of mine. This way you can find publications that focus on your target customers and this will increase the likelihood that what you are offering might just grab their interest.
Just 2 articles per week, with at least 400-600 words in each article, can generate as many as 80 -100 targeted visitors to your site in a day.
Realise, however, that usually around 25 to 30 people out of 100 will grab a free report, whereas only 1 or 2 out of 100 people are likely to buy your product or ask for more information and then use your services. So persist and slowly build up the number of visitors through this article writing approach. If you can generate as much as 1,000 targeted hits for your website each day, that could result in you making 10 sales based on the average statistic.
These 3 tactics are not difficult to do, but will require a little time and an action plan on your part. As Nike says, “Just Do It.”
I am a keen blogger and online entrepreneur and have learned a lot of what makes for a successful online marketer. Blogging is one way of sharing your entrepreneurial knowledge and success.
You can learn how to start your business from home and become an entrepreneur at.
Anyone can become a blogger and an online entrepreneur and I believe everyone should have a go. If you don’t know where to start, get a copy of my free report at.