Billions of affiliate marketers around the world use articles to create reliable income. It is one of the best ways to drive serious traffic to an affiliate website that there is. Although a pay per click campaign will show faster results, you had better know what you are doing if you go after that business model.
Affiliate marketing is like any other worthwhile venture – it takes hard work and dedication. Don’t expect to get up on Monday, write a couple of articles, and be in the money by Friday. Learning the best affiliate promotion techniques has a bit of a learning curve, but once you have the basics down, your articles will be out their working for you 24/7.
I have used article writing for quite a few years to drive traffic to a website. Articles I wrote in 2005 are still sitting at the top of the search engines. Although article marketing takes a little more time and effort, it is well worth doing. Below, I share a few tips on things that I have learned that will help lead you to effective and prosperous affiliate marketing strategies.
1. A good way to drive traffic to your site is by writing a well written an unbiased review of the product that you promote. One thing to remember – be sure to list in your article any negative aspects of the product you promote. This makes you appear to be an impartial observer, which works well to give you credibility.
2. It goes without saying that your articles should be focused on keywords. Always do your research first – remember, you are looking for a hungry audience. Don’t overuse the keyword phrase that you are targeting. Insure that it is at the beginning, in the middle, and close to the very end.
3. The most important part of your article must be the title. Be creative here. Although there are many ways to ensure that your title works well, one thing that I have found online that ensures my title is going to be a good one is a site called Advanced Marketing Institute. Simply enter your headline text, and the site will analyze your headline. I use this almost every time I write an article.
4. Learn about latent semantic indexing. This process, abbreviated LSI, is nothing more than a method of using relevant words to describe what you are promoting. You will find many good tutorials on LSI on the Internet.
5. Learn to write quickly. All this is certainly a no-brainer – many people take way too much time agonizing over an article. Your job as an article marketer is to get the word out. Your whole intent is to drive targeted traffic to your website. Write quickly, and write often.
6. Simply writing and submitting to a directory is only half of the process. Always submit your articles to your favorite social bookmarking sites, and get in the habit of always doing this. You would be amazed at the amount of traffic the social bookmarking site can send to your website.
Following these simple steps will take you a lot farther along your journey to become successful with both affiliate marketing and article marketing. For more information on affiliate marketing with articles, visit our website today.