Hiring a freelancer is a great way to help you take away the distractions of less important tasks in your Internet business and let you focus on generating more advanced Internet marketing ideas. Outsourcing your work and hiring a freelancer is also a great way to tap on their expertise and accomplish your tougher advanced Internet marketing ideas that would have been impossible without their skills.
However, we have all heard nightmares when working with freelancers.
Late work submissions, bad quality of work and disappearances after a deposit has been made are not uncommon. But with these crucial tips, you can avoid the pain of dealing with dishonest freelancers and maximize your money while getting the best out of your hired help – all while ensuring that you get your advanced Internet marketing ideas implemented well.
1. Never do staggered payments where you pay the freelancer first. You’ll never know if he reverts with work that is not up to your standards and if he can implement your advanced Internet marketing ideas. Use an escrow system to handle the payment. Only release the money if you are completely satisfied. A trusted site that you can use is www.escrow.com.
2. Always keep in constant contact with your freelancer. I’ve had freelancers who kept quiet till the day of delivery and then I got a nasty email telling me he was to delay handling over the work – leaving all my advanced Internet marketing ideas doomed. Learn from my mistake. You should always ask for a progress report if your freelancer is maintaining radio silence.
3. Disputes happen often when we are dealing with virtual assistants. Always maintain a log of all communications between you and your freelancer. You never know when the relationship might turn sour over a dispute. With no proper documentation, you may never be able to claim against poor work done or late submission of work, leaving your money stranded.
4. Good help is hard to find. If you have had a great experience with a freelancer who over delivers in quality and delivers on time (or better, in advance!), don’t be stingy! Pay them a little more above what was agreed upon. When you need their services in the future, they will be more than willing to put in that same amount of effort for you.
5. Maintain a good relationship with great freelancers. Build a good relationship and when you need them during their busy periods, there’s a good chance that they will turn away another project just to cater to your advanced Internet marketing ideas.