But before you start, here are 8 tips you have to keep in mind.
1. Know your market. Before you jump into the wonderful world of blogging, make sure you know what you’re getting into. As cliché as it may sound, a blog can make or break you. You have to identify your target audience. Know what their interests are and use that to attract them into your website.
2. Be original. Be creative. Be consistent. These are the ABCs of blogging. The last thing you need is to be involved in a case of plagiarism. Treat your blog as your baby. Beautify it. Use as many images as possible. Colorful hues help. Get an account in Shutterstock or Istock, it’ll be helpful to you in the long run. And most importantly, do regular posts. You would want to maintain your readers and attract new ones.
3. Include share buttons. This will allow readers to share your post with others in Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. You’ll love the wonders of social media. It’ll help you get out there. It gets you repeat readers and increases your site traffic.
4. Take note of keywords. The only way to get people to read your post is if you directed them to it. Think of what your target readers usually key into the search field. Make those words part of your title. Think of useful tags to your post.
5. Include your business’ info. Don’t get lost in blogging. Remember the primary purpose why you started doing it that is, to promote your brand, products and services. So do just that. Include all relevant information at the end of your posts both contact and geographic details. Make them appear in search results.
6. Promote your posts. If you have accounts in social media, promote your posts! It’ll increase traffic not only to your site but your social media itself. In this digital age, you have to make your presence known and do it constantly. People forget easily and there’s nothing better than to remind them of you. Make it their habit to check your site.
7. Get backlinks. Try to have backlinks as much as possible especially from established sites. It promotes your credibility, drives up your traffic and lets them know that you’re not just of those trying to make your mark. Rather, you’ve already made your mark.
8. Collect good reviews. Comments are a good way to attract more people. Good reviews by netizens will help you get far. But be wary of people who are out there to post negative comments. Include a feature in your site that notifies you whenever there’s a comment so you get to screen them first before it gets out of hand.