We all have physical facets of ourselves that we wish we could change or improve. Do you have a little extra weight to lose? Do you wish you could run faster? Is your blood pressure a little too high? Are you carrying a little extra weight in your mid section? Do you want to run a 5K? Do you wish you were stronger? Do you have high cholesterol?
Here are the top 6 reasons why you should work with a personal trainer when looking to work towards your health and fitness goals:
1. Credentials: Personal trainers have the education, certifications, and experience to design safe and effective workout and nutrition plans to help you achieve your fitness goals. They are experts!
2. Specificity: Personal trainers will design a program specific to your goals, needs, and current fitness level. It is all about you. Don’t get your workout from a random website or fitness magazine, those are general workouts that probably are not appropriate for you. Furthermore, a program that is not designed specifically for you may lead to injury.
3. Attention: Personal trainers are there to monitor your progress, or lack thereof, and make the necessary adjustments to your plan to keep you on track toward achieving your fitness goals. Because of this attention they are also available to address your specific issues and questions.
4. Motivation and Accountability: Personal trainers are there to motivate you and hold your accountable for your success. Too often we are discouraged when we don’t see immediate efforts or get caught up in our busy lives with work and family. Trainers will make sure you are doing what you need to do to improve yourself. No excuses!
5. Dedication: Personal trainers want you to succeed. They want you to meet your goals. It is why they are in that line of business. They will do everything they can to support you on your fitness journey.
6. Success: For all of the reasons above you are more likely to succeed. The knowledge of your trainer, specificity of program design, personal attention, accountability and dedication will guarantee you will have a successful fitness journey!
So if you have a personal health and fitness goal you have been struggling to achieve consider working with a Personal Trainer. I guarantee you have a greater chance at success if you do!