One of the ways the internet has made it easier to reach out to your customers is through the use of Email Marketing. Email Marketing is a type of direct marketing method that uses emails as the main method of communicating with your customers. Marketing is very crucial for any business that desires to survive and thrive in a competitive environment, making consumers aware of your products and services gives them an informed decision about your products and how they can be of benefit to them as consumers, when a customer is familiar with your brand and they like your brand, they tend to stay longer with the brand in most situation. While some other forms of advertising such as print and media are great ways to advertise your brand, they are very expensive and require a lot of logistics. Here are some reasons why businesses like email marketing.
1. Email marketing is inexpensive and saves time. Anytime I watch a TV commercial, I try to imagine all the work that has been put in to making the commercial a success. A team of Ad Executives come up with various ideas for an ad to entertain and also capture the attention of their potential customers, next they get actors to shoot commercial, get location, costume… you catch my drift. A lot of time and money is put into making TV commercial a success. In reality, not all businesses can afford to allocate all that time and money for such forms of advertising. That is where email marketing comes in, all that is required is a computer, internet and the ability to write and you can reach millions of your customers at a go.
2. Ability to target ideal client. Every business has its ideal client. Two different businesses that offer the same products can have different ideal customer base because as people we have individual preferences. Can you imagine a company that makes diapers marketing their products to families with teenagers? Since customers have a say in deciding if they want to receive communication from a business by opting into their newsletters, businesses can optimize their marketing budget by marketing only to people who are most likely to buy from them.
3. Ability to personalize messages. Most business love to have the opportunity to send warm wishes or special offers to their customers on special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries etc., thereby promoting continuous engagement with customers. Sending these messages by email is easier and emails can be scheduled to get to the customers at a specified date and time.
4. Increase frequency in reaching customers. Sending emails is as easy as type, read, send and done, in literally a few minutes, you can send emails to any email address. This makes it possible for business to be in contact with their customers several times in one day.
5. Ability to track user engagement and sales. Most Email Service Providers have metrics that they use to measure the success of their marketing campaign. A user can run reports that show the number of subscribers, how many people open emails, click links in the emails and more. A user can set goals for each marketing campaign and see if the goals are met or not. This is beneficial because the business can see what is working and what is not and constantly change their marketing techniques to suit their customer’s needs.